
Elijah has never been one for the TV. Not that I mind really. I'd much rather do productive things with him. I always put on Sesame Street in the morning and then the TV goes off since he does not watch it. He would always turn to look at Elmo's World but didn't really watch it.
Somewhere along the way, that changed. He would stop to really watch Elmo's World. Then eventually he started watching the rest of Sesame Street. Now, its by far his favorite thing. The characters, the show, the songs. Loves it! He can name all of the characters, which is funny to watch. I should mention that now he thinks anytime the tv is on, that it should be airing Sesame Street. : )
Eli has a few of the characters as stuffed animals. Cookie, Grover, Abby Cadabby and of course, Elmo. Or as Elijah says "Melmo" and "Babby". He loves both of them but if I am being honest, Abby is his favorite. He LOVES her. She has to go everywhere/do everything with us. It's quite the sight to see my little boy--who is all boy--carrying around his bright pink Abby doll. He usually tends to hold her by one of her pigtails, like a miniature caveman.
One morning, Eli gave me such a hard time about eating breakfast that I dragged his chair into the living room and let him watch Sesame Street while he ate. Notice his placement of Elmo and Abby.

Ohhh Babby...
Playing with Elmo and Abby in his crib. He also gives them his "ninnies" all the time, not to mention sharing lollipops with them as well. They have been washed several times as a result of stickiness on them.

Another result of Sesame Street--Eli loves Baby Bear and has since taken quite the shine to his bear from Cousins Izzy and Joey. They made it for him at Build a Bear. Elijah simply calls him "Bear" and carries him around the house most of the day.

Another result of Sesame Street--Eli loves Baby Bear and has since taken quite the shine to his bear from Cousins Izzy and Joey. They made it for him at Build a Bear. Elijah simply calls him "Bear" and carries him around the house most of the day.
Jumping on the couch with Bear.

Elijah is growing by leaps and bounds and even amazes me with the information I tell him and he actually retains. For instance, the other day asking me for tylenol. This cracked me up! He usually points to it in the fridge asking what it is. I tell him every time that its tylenol and its for when he is not feeling well. He remembered and woke up the other morning with a cold and asked for tylenol and tea. : ) Tea comes out perfectly, tylenol is more of a "nigh nol". Another one, he was playing in his play kitchen and came to ask me for "pepper" LOL! He wanted the pepper grinder so that he could season up his food. I'm telling you this kid slays me.
In fact Eli is probably up to about 80 or so words in his vocabulary. Some are very clear and others are words only mommy really understands. But he is only going to be 17 months so I will cut him some slack, for now, before I really start cracking down and correcting his pronunciation. To his credit, he really does try to repeat everything back to me.
Elijah is very curious and loves to explore and touch EVERY THING. This includes the computer which a major source of entertainment for him. Below is a link of a Picasso he did on an interactive website.
Asking for Mack--this happens several times a day. Mack lives across the street and he is looking at her house asking for her.








1 comment:
Looks like Elijah is enjoying his cup and straw. Must have been yummy! He looks like such a little man. Too cute.
Post a Comment