Sunday, September 19, 2010

End of Summer...





Ahhh...the lazy days of summer.

While the weather remains warmer here through the early fall, our summer is offically at an end.
Elijah and I started a parttime job, two days a week. We hang out with my friend Tonya's two kids. Its a lot of fun for both of us and a little spending money for us too!

Eli is growing up so fast! In a few weeks he will be 2 years old! Elijah has always been a vocal/verbal child. He talks up a storm and has been putting together little sentences, though he continues to refer to himself in the 3rd person. And sometimes even shortens his name to just "E" which really cracks me up b/c while I may refer to him as E on this blog, I never have addressed him that way. Some of my favorite sentences to date:

"awww, Eli so sad. Poor Eli"-- said while in the corner. His awwww, reminds me of Randy from A Christmas Story. As in "awwww, Daddy's gonna kill Ralphie"

"But momma...Eli so cute" --said in response to him getting in trouble.

" Mommy loves you soooo much" --also said in response to him getting in trouble or trying to get out of trouble. hahaha.

"Eli checking email"-- said when he is caught touching the computer. This one slays me every time!
Here he is on his computer...





He has also broaden his horizons when it comes to TV. He will now watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Phineas and Ferb. Super Why remains his favorite but Mickey and the gang are a very close second and also his party theme this year. Which he is really excited about.
Here is are 2 videos of E rocking out to the "hotdog dance". I couldn't decide which one to post...so here is both, enjoy!




While I think I have been good with a lot of things concerning my little man. I have been bad with one thing in particular. His pacifer. I swore by the time he was 18 months he would be off it. Well at 18 months he was cutting teeth and it just made things easier for him (read me) to have it. We are now getting to 2 years of age and I really want to break him of it. Only letting him have it for naps and bedtime. Sometimes he sticks one in his pants and pulls it out later when he thinks I didn't see. I have been kind of hinting to him about the fact that he is getting too big for his "ninny" and that he needs to give it to Tinkerbell (who he thinks is pretty cool, considering) so she can bring it to other babies. This was Elijah response to that!


Here are a few pictures of my precious boy with Jelly Bean

Pimpin ain't easy....

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Eli's hot dog dance was cracking me up! Our Eli is starting to get really excited when the hotdog song comes on too. I said the same thing about the paci - I said by the time he was 1 we would get rid of it. Well he is 13 months he only goes to bed with it but sometimes you just have to adjust things. We all need sleep! LOL! I am sure he will drop the paci soon things work out :)

Your Eli really knows how to chill on the couch, that last picture was adorable :)