Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Elijah!!!!


"E look good"




Eli had a marathon b'day this year. I swear it was the Hanukkah of b'days. My sister Nikki kept asking me how Eli was enjoying his 8 crazy days of celebration. In fact she was the one who dubbed it the Hanukkah of birthdays. : )
Two of my sisters, Dawnie and Jill and cousins Brian and Allie came to GA for Eli's b'day. So we had a party on October 2nd.

Here is his 1st cake....

Here is his 1st bike and his reaction....




Guinness hanging at the party


Jelly getting spoiled by Bri Bri


It was a really fun day and gorgeous outside. Elijah would not nap so by the end of the day he was spent. But first some sprinklers....

then a bath....and little boy just couldn't hang anymore! Yes--that is an ice pop in his hand that he insisted on having.




Auntie Dawnie and her "baby cakes"


The Crew 2010

Elijah actually turned 2 on the 6th so of course we had to celebrate. He had cupcakes with Gracie and Max (the kids I watch two days a week). Then later for dinner we had pizza and another cake with Grandma and Grandpa joining us. For these two celebrations I made 6 funfetti cupcakes and a cake with the remaining batter. Which I think is stiff competition for my friends, Tammy and Cheryl, who have "Ace of Cakes" type talent. Yea...take that girls!
Seriously though, if you live in the New England area here is Cheryl's website. http://ckcakes4u.wordpress.com

Here is a video w/Gracie. Max is standing next to me trying to figure out the safety on the lighter. Boys...


Little Miss Gracie. Seriously, could she be any cuter?

Happy Birthday part duex featuring a solo from E himself....


This past weekend, Aunt Lulu and Uncle John, as well as Uncle Matt, Aunt Missy, Izzy and Joey came to visit and celebrate E's b'day.....so he had ANOTHER cake!!!! Boy am I happy he is only 2 and will (hopefully) not remember. I would hate to set a precedent.


Elijah and Aunt Lulu...he's got some M&M's in his mouth.

the 4th and final cake and song...



Me and my Izzy B

once again...no nap...


My Guys....

The Luca cousins

Auntie Missy and Eli

Elijah is a very lucky and very loved little boy for sure! He would tell anyone who would listen how he was going to have 5 birthdays. He had 4 so he was pretty close. : ) A big thank you to everyone for making this year's b'day so special and for all the awesome gifts that Elijah received. He loves everything!


In other Eli news...
We went to the Dr. for his 2 year well check. He did very well. Was chatting up the nurse and his doctor. E weighed in at 30lbs (70%) and stands 35 inches tall (64%). I still don't understand why I have such a big kid. But he is healthy and happy and will be bigger than me when he is 6.
During the visit the nurse asks developmental questions and also about his diet. Eli answered for me when she asked if he eats well. Elijah said "Eli like broccoli and carrots" and she said you do? He said "E likes donuts too" LOL!! This kid slays me, I swear. I decided to prepare him for his shots so I told him he was going to get two medicines in his leg. He was cool with that. Even told the nurse that when she walked in with the vaccinations. Then the first prick came and E started screaming " All done...no more, NO MORE!!!" then the tears came and when I picked him up he said "why Momma?" I felt so bad but I was giggling. The nurse gave him two lollipops for being a good sport.

We have tentatively started potty training. Since about 18 months old Eli can tell me when he is dirtying his diaper ( either way). Elijah has been going peepee on the potty consistently for 2 months now before his bath. So this past weekend we bought some pull ups and decided to give it a shot. So far anytime I ask him to go sit on the potty he does in fact pee, only he doesn't know enough yet to tell me that he has to go. I figure that will come with time. For now, we go use the potty every 60-90 minutes or so with much success. Hopefully within the next few months he will really 'get it' and we'll be diaper free. Which is great and such a milestone but also means my baby is getting so big so fast : ( .
So I leave you with this photo taken by Auntie Jill.

3 comments:

Tamara & Ed said...

So many great pictures! The one of Elijah sleeping in his Woody jammies is the best! Happy Birthday!

Michael and Dana said...

thanks Tam! everytime he wears his Woody or Buzz jammies, I always think of your Ben in his. : )

Krissy said...

I think I can't decide which picture is more my favorite, the popsicle in his hands with his jammies on or him in the sandbox! hahahah I love it!