This Blog will keep family near and far up to date on the happenings in our life. And allow you all to watch our family grow.
Monday, November 14, 2011
But, I just want to be Eli
OK so Halloween didn't go as planned but as anything that involves kids--totally normal. You gotta roll with it, right?
Elijah spent forever making up his mind about what he wanted to dress up as. He wanted to be a Pirate, a Cowboy, Mickey Mouse, Elmo, an ice cream cone ( I kid you not!), etc.
So we made a few trips to Party City, each time he got freaked out and said he wasn't sure yet and still deciding. On our third or fourth failed trip he said he didn't want to dress up as anything but Eli. : )
I had a jersey and football pants so worst case, I could make him a football player. He went to bed 3 nights before crying b/c he wanted to be Pablo from the Backyardigans.
We make a final trip to Party City. Find the ONLY Pablo costume. He wears it all weekend. All day Halloween. It comes time for trick or treating and he is not having it. lol AND I never snapped a picture of him in it. Oy!
So we settled on him wearing a Halloween shirt and carrying his Handy Manny toolbox and wearing his toolbelt. All in all a pretty sad 'costume' but there is always next year.....
As difficult as he is for me at times, he really cracks me up. Let me play out a little scene from a week ago...
We were headed to church and he knows that if we leave the house early we usually stop at Dunkin Donuts for a treat and a coffee for me.
So we are pulling thru the drive-thru to order...
Voice: welcome to Dunkin Donuts
E: I'll have a sweet coffee, Juice, a pink icing donut and chicken salad on a bagel
Me: No you wont just hush a moment
Voice: OK a bagel, donut, juice and coffee anything else?
Me: no, no...Ignore that please. May I have a small coffee light and sweet, a plain bagel...
E: (interrupting me) Oh and blueberry Munchkins....what is that picture of on the left. Is that a burger? I want a burger mom.
Me: Elijah it is 8:15 in the morning you are not having a burger and we are at D&D. There are no burgers.
Voice: that is a bacon, egg and cheese bagel
E: Oh yeah, I'll have that!
Me: please don't listen to that voice, listen to me.
At this point I am starting to stress b/c what should have taken 3 minutes is now an ordeal. I look in the rearview mirror and see the car behind me with a lady giggling at my situation.
Me: OK A coffee, bagel with cream cheese, 5 munchkins and a juice please.
E: what about my pink donut? what is that picture right there...is that a veggie bagel? Can I have that? its healthy mom.
Me: No, we're done.
Voice: (repeats the correct order) Drive around to the window.
The kid at the window is in hysterics and totally gives E a pink donut just for making his morning. LOL
Guess I should just be glad that he no longer tries to order chicken nuggets and fries while we are in the bank drive-thru.....God help me when this kid can read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
He is freakin's hilarious!! What a cutie! Elijah got his donut afterall. It pays to be persistent!!! :)
I love this post, the other day I had to go to the drive thru window @ CVS to drop off a script and my Eli asked for chicken nuggets! lol
Your little guy is a character! love it!
LOL! thanks ladies! Persistence is an understatement Tam. : ) He is like a pitbull.
Kris- seriously I think its the name "Eli"..our boys sound so much alike!
A friend at church commented on how "spirited" Eli is and that they love it. I agree....but its not easy to parent. So not easy to parent. I gotta get cracking on a sibling for him...maybe that will help.
Post a Comment