Sunday, October 12, 2008

Introducing- Elijah John Luca




I think everyone knows by now but I figured I post it anyway.
Elijah John was welcomed into the world on October 6th! I went into the hospital on Sunday night to be induced Monday morning. I actually went into labor myself early in the morning at about 3 or 4 am. At 8am they hooked me up to induce me anyway to get things moving. I am not as tough as I thought. I caved after about 7 hours and asked for the epidural- but what a Godsend! After several more hours of (painless) labor....I was ready to push. I think I only pushed for a little over an hour. Not bad my first time out, I dont think. At 9:15pm Eli was born! Weighing in at 7lbs 6oz and 21 1/4 in.
I cant thank Michael and Mom Luca enough for being my coaches and helping me out. I also want to thank Uncle Matt and Aunt Missy for being a huge part of my experience. Aunt Missy was a great cheerleader--letting me know how much progress I was making. It really made a difference in my energy level to know that all that pushing was actually doing something.

Here are some pictures of my love muffin. I cant wait for all my loved ones to meet him.








No comments: