Thursday, May 21, 2009

Busy Busy Month of May



On May 6th we returned from our trip to CT. Its been nonstop since then. I celebrated my first official Mother's Day. We had everyone over our house. Michael and I wanted to keep Elijah home since we had just got back and were trying to get him settled back into his normal routine/schedule. HA!

I'm going to wiggle free!


Eli and Uncle


The day after we returned from CT, Eli was chewing on my finger and I felt 2 teeth! He has since cut them and they are not the normal bottom two. He has one on the bottom and one on the top- over to the side. He's a snaggle tooth and looks like a Jack-O-Lantern when he smiles. He now has 3 more bumps in his mouth with teeth ready to break through and they are spread out as well. My poor kid...he's going to look like a redneck!

See my snaggle tooth?



Cousin Izzy graduated from preschool on Monday May 18th. Elijah and I were there to witness this milestone. Her face was just so cute walking down the aisle with her cap on. A memory I will have forever.










On May 20th, Elijah officially started crawling. He had been trying but was only taking a few steps and mostly backwards. Now he is all over the house and the cats are no longer safe. Delilah will run away. Scootch...I am not so sure she is that bright. She does not run away and gets tackled, pulled and tortured by Eli. I am constantly freeing her of his little hands. When I do, she still does not run away! So frustrating for me!



Here I come....

Gotcha!!


In other Elijah news we have moved onto a solid lunch as part of his routine and has gotten much better with his pincer grasp. Eli has sampled a lot of table food recently. By far his favorites are still his baby food pears and peas. We have started watermelon, canteloup, blueberries, grapes, pancakes with applesauce on top, toasted bagel with pureed veggies on top, small bites of roasted chicken ( he gobbles it up!) pastina, orzos, frozen yogurt (Yo Kids Squeezers- which I freeze for a nice treat on sore swollen gums), sorbet and smashed avocado. The avocado he was not so thrilled with. This however does not stop him from begging for it when it is on my plate. He will eat it with the disgusted face and all...just because it is on my plate.
Mmm....watermelon.


Eli thinks sneezing is funny



Memorial Day Weekend is Daddy's annual car show weekend. Daddy left us on Thursday to go do his thing. He works the car show as well as shows Lola. However, this year because of the rain he did not show Lola. He just worked it and had some fun.

oh hey, slick!




Uncle Woody's Black Jewel...or you may know it as the Smokey and the Bandit car.


Sooo tired after the car show.


Mommy and Elijah being silly. I wish I was better at taking pictures this way...


We are looking forward to a visit from Uncle Ed and Auntie Linda the end of May. They are stopping in GA to see us on their way up North to CT/PA. Stay tuned for pictures from the visit....

1 comment:

Tamara & Ed said...

Love the snaggle tooth! He is such a cute baby. Looks like he likes to smile lots, love those cheeks!