Friday, May 8, 2009

Visit to CT....What a week!

On April 27th Michael, Elijah and I packed up the car and headed to CT for a week. The plan was to stop half way and rest and then get to CT the next day by dinner time. However, when we were in Maryland and Daddy showed no sign of stopping I knew he was going for the straight drive. 17 hours! Elijah did well I have to say. Here he is sitting in the car after 15 hours and then calling his peeps to let them know that he was in CT but stuck in traffic on 95. UGH!




While in CT we stayed with my sister Nicole. She has 3 kids and Sawyer (her youngest) is 4 months older than Elijah. It was so great to see the two boys together. I was so happy to see my family and for all of them to meet my little man. Elijah did really really well with all the new faces and took to everyone (even Uncle Bob! LOL). Elijah especially loved all of his cousins. It was really cute to watch him interact with all of them. We got to see everyone which was so great for me and a special thank you to Auntie Gina who made the trip up from Queens for the weekend. It was so great to see you and to share my family with you!
Some pics with the CT cousins/family:
The Boys

Elijah trying to kiss Sawyer. Sawyer is a little afraid of him.

Allie and Eli

Allie, Eli and Matt
Allie, Elijah and Matt's eyeball : )

Matthew

Elijah kissing his cousin Matt.

Matthew is a ham- can you tell?

Sweet Sawyer

Tori Lynn

Uncle Josh and the boys

Auntie Jill and Elijah







Ironic that Matthew plays for the Braves--we are all Mets fans.

We also got to see Matthew play in his Tee Ball game on Tuesday. I just love watching the little ones play. They run across the grass or run to Third instead of First. Its all about teaching them the fundamentals of America's favorite pasttime at this age....




Matt running to First after his hit.


Daddy and Elijah enjoying the game.



Uncle Michael enjoying his nieces and nephews....












Nicole was planning on a big family cookout for Sunday- however, 1/3 of the family was ravaged with the flu. Then the rest came down with it. It was an epidemic in our family. I was not spared it either. I got it on Sunday and then Michael came down with it on the ride home. Forcing us to stop in VA for 24 hours while he slept it off.




Nicole and I could not resist taking the boys to get their pictures done together. When would we have this opportunity again?

It was a great trip and wonderful visit. I miss my family more than I can say. Thank you to all of you, for letting us crash your home, for taking time out of your busy week and weekend to make time to see me and my family. We love you all and miss you lots!

No comments: