Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Fun


Love this one....








Love this PJ set!--Thanks Aunt Lulu!!

Yesterday Elijah turned 9 months old. We go next week for his well check, I am anxious to see how much my monkey weighs and to see him bite the doctor when she checks his gums for teeth. Told me over and over that he was not really teething....HA! 9 months old and we have 7 teeth, that I can see...I think more are coming that I can't see yet. We have been having a fun summer so far. Hope you all are as well!

Here are some pictures of my boy!


What's up Doc?


A visit with Uncle Ed and Auntie Lin



Easy Lenny....


Elijah has decided he really does not want to eat his baby food anymore. I still try to shovel it in between his "people food" bites. Mostly just the veggies. However, Eli has expanded his diet quite a bit. He loves fruit, all fruit. Mommy calls it "nature's candy" in a futile attempt to keep him from real candy in the future...I don't have a prayer but its worth the try.

Eli pretty much eats whatever I put in front of him. New items to his menu are: pancakes ( not new but he now eats a normal sized pancake w/blueberries), french toast, scrambled eggs, cut up apple, pear, strawberries, nectarine, peach, mango, kiwi, carrots, potato, sweet potato, zucchini, string cheese, pork chops, green beans, and boca burger, grilled cheese (more like a pannini), peas, mac and cheese (homemade-no box crap), rice, chicken nuggets, chicken soup, vegetable soup and minestrone soup.
oh and ribs! He's a Georgia boy afterall....





He does "so big" at the end of this video...



Eli has also started furniture walking. He started to crawl and about 3 days later was pulling himself up on anything and everything. Now he has much more balance and walks along the coffee table, couches, etc. I think within the next month or so he will be full on walking. He already thinks he can stand without holding on - hence the booboo on his nose.



We have a ton of Birthdays in June- cousin Sawyer celebrated his 1st birthday, cousin Allie, Uncle Charlie, Grandpa and cousin Izzy also had birthdays. Happy Birthday to everyone. Cousins Leah and Jet both graduated High School and I believe cousin Austin graduated 8th grade as well. I am really upset that I missed out on all of it, just as upset as I was last year when cousins Shea and Bobby graduated. I miss my family more than words can say.


Hi Grandpa!

LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!


Allie (courtesy of Mechelle)

Shea, LeahBelle and Jet (courtesy of Aunti Gin)

Sawyer (courtesy of Aunti Gin)

We also celebrated Daddy's first Father's Day.



I had a client start up meeting to go to one morning. Daddy stayed home with Elijah for me. Eli had a dirty diaper and daddy changed it. Here are some pictures (please keep in mind that I am not making fun of Daddy- I am actually impressed with the fact that he got the diaper on!).


Front in the back


Back in the front

2 comments:

Tamara & Ed said...

Soooo happy to see a new post! Little Elijah is adorable!

BTW - I can not believe how old Shea and Jet are. Dear God!

Krissy said...

OMG- Dana the diaper on backwards cracks me up!! So funny! Elijah must have been thinking "mommy doesn't do it this way!!"

Your little guy makes me melt he is so handsome!