Friday, September 18, 2009

So Much to Say, So Little Time to Post...


I apologize for being so behind in my blog. When I have the time to post Eli just does not allow me to tinker on the computer without wanting to be in the middle of it OR the little bugger shuts it off on me!

OK Let's see...Last I posted I was waiting for Elijah's 9 month doc appt. That has come and gone and we are now coming up on his 1 year check up. Yikes!
At the 9 month well check, I found out that Elijah weighed in at 20lbs, I was shocked. I was thinking at least 25lbs. Even his doc was shocked. She saw his stats and said " that's all???" In fact while Eli looks like a big baby he is deceptively big. He is actually on the smaller side. All of his percentiles are on the lower end of the scale. In height he is only 19% ( no shocker there...) and in weight he was only 39%. Doc said "well that explains it, he is compact so he is solid looking." I think she was trying to tell me my baby is a chunky monkey in a nice way....hmmmm. She also said that he had a mouthful of teeth coming in and that it would be a 'fun 3 months for mommy'.
Some pics of my baby boy:



Just like Mommy...



This is what happens when Dad watches Elijah, he feeds him Oreos!

Hair today....

...gone tomorrow.









Izzy's First Day of School!!!!




Elijah developments, there are so many... Eli started walking on his own at 10 months. In the last few weeks he's gotten much more steady and now attempts to run. We are working on "high five's" and "blowing kisses" The high five is a hit or miss, sometimes he slaps your hand, other times he thinks you want him to do Indian. In fact, Elijah can now do Indian on his own.



His fine motor skills are improving and he enjoys playing with his blocks, anything that opens and closes, turning pages in his board books and stacking anything. He has a temper and easily gets frustrated when he can't make something do what he wants it to do. Letting out screeches of frustration. Can I tell you how much I am looking forward to doing puzzles with him? Please note the sarcasm.
Eli playing the kazoo-- was just walking so he fell, a lot...




Between Daddy and Mommy- we've produced an equally OCD child. Eli is very used to watching us clean up and has mimicked us quite well. Once he stops putting things in his mouth, you can bet that I will be putting him to work for real.



Elijah is more often than not, right under my feet no matter where I am in the house. As Mommy, I spend a lot of time in the kitchen so Eli has also taken to playing with pots and wooden spoons.



We have had so much rain down here. Elijah and I are used to being outside and having plans for each day. With the rain it sort of cut down on our playtime outside. No matter...once the thunder and lightening stopped, we went outside anyway!

No comments: