

Wow! One whole year has gone by. I have said over and over how fast time was going. It really passes you by. I have so much to be thankful for. First and foremost, my baby boy but also that I was able to be home with him everyday for this first year. I have LOVED every moment of it. Even the moments when I am exhausted and on the verge of tears. : )
Its been amazing to watch Elijah grow and learn and develope all new tricks. I think its funny that God has entrusted me with raising a human being but I will try my darnest to do the best job that can be done.
Elijah celebrated his 1st Birthday in style. We even had special visitors for the occasion. Auntie Dawn, Auntie Jill, and cousins Brian and Allie flew into ATL to celebrate with us. Thank you so much for coming! We loved having you and we miss you lots!!!



It was not long before Elijah was running around the house yelling "Allie, Allie". And he burst into tears when he woke up from his nap to find the house empty of everyone but he and I. He knew that his cousins and Aunts had headed home.
Elijah did NOT like being sung to on his b'day. He hated it. Course as fate would have it...a week later we had a blackout on the street. I had to light candles to see. Since then, you can not walk by a candle without Eli blowing or wanting you to sing to him. : )

Other Elijah developments: Eli is up to a few words now in his vocabulary. He is an extremely vocal child and always has a running commentary going throughout the day--just most of the time I have no idea what he is saying. He can say clearly, Mama, mom, Dadda, Dad, Daddy ( and even uses them correctly ), stinky ( in which he plugs his nose--too cute!), yeah, no, eat, yum, cheese ( not very clearly but I know what he is asking for) and of course Allie.
Though he can't talk much, he does have great object identification. I can ask him just about any item or food item in the house and he will get it or point to it. He can also show you his ears, nose, eyes and tongue, sometimes confusing the eyes and ears, maybe they just sound too much the same??
Here are some pics of my baby!

Check out his teeth!


No comments:
Post a Comment